Happy Saturday everyone, though I’m not participating in Blogmas this year, I hope you enjoying all of the Christmas themed posts that everyone is writing. Christmas is a special time of the year, and this year I jumped ahead a little too soon, I think. By the end of November I had but three things checked off of my list for gifts!
If that doesn’t make it obvious that my favorite holiday is Christmas, then I don’t know what would.
Like many holidays, this one is centered around baking. Another one of my favorite things! This recipe is one of the staple side-dishes at my Christmas table.
Cranberry Side Dish Recipe
What you’ll need:
1 box of 3-ounce cherry jello
1 box of 3-ounce lemon jello
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup grated rind of orange
1/2 cup juice of orange
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup chopped pecans
What to do:
Bring water to boil in pot
Dissolve jello in boiling water
Take off stove, and when jello starts to jell add in other ingredients
Let jello sit in fridge
This recipe is super simple and quick to make, it takes about five to ten minutes, depending on how much you make! The crunch of the walnuts and the citrus from the fruit are so lovely together.
While getting ready for the holidays, I started thinking about what I really love about Christmas that makes it so special and exciting for me! Here’s a little list of things that I thought of:
- Giving Gifts: There is nothing I love more than giving gifts to people I care about. I love shopping for other people, and seeing their reactions to opening the gifts!
- Family Time: At Christmas time I get to see family members that don’t have schedules that mesh with my own, and it is always nice to catch up
- Food. There are delicious snacks and entrees at Christmas dinner. but..
- Breakfast. Christmas breakfast is always my favorite (stay tuned for a new recipe!)
- Decorating. I can’t be the only one who finds Christmas decorations seriously adorable?!
I hope you enjoyed this Christmas themed post! I love this recipe and I hope you did too! Let me know what your favorite Christmas dishes are in the comments below!