By now you would have read this post and you will have read that I am going to be studying abroad (I leave in 2 months!) and while there is a lot to do until the moment I step onto that airplane, I thought I would start a study abroad series, as I will be there for four months after all. If you have any questions, comments, or things to ask, please feel free to tweet me or send me an email! I want this series to include YOU. So every Wednesday this month, I will post a new study abroad themed post!
When I first had my orientation, they asked what some goals were before we set off on our new adventures. And here are my top five goals that I came up with.
- To Be more Independent. at this point, I am definitely not even sure I can fly by myself. I know you just sit on an airplane and don’t do anything the entire time, but still.
- To visit as many places as possible. I mean, c’mon this was a given. I already know a few spots i’m headed to and I’m thrilled.
- To come back with more than $20. Because everyone at orientation warned us that we would come back broke. It’s all part of the experience right??
- To really enjoy it. Yes i’ll be taking a lot of photos, and that’s great I want to remember my time over there but I also want to have moments where I sit back and just soak it all in. It always creates the best memories
- To step out of my comfort zone. I’d like to say, I have a medium sized comfort zone, but I really don’t and this whole entire trip is pretty much me doing this I would never do. I cannot wait.
I know this list is short, but in all honesty, it was kind of difficult to write. There are personal goals and also professional goals, like making a great resume, and connecting with different people and creating links to use later on in life. I am so excited to go abroad, but I’m also nervous (which is the post that pretty much wrote itself!) Please make sure to email me, or comment below with questions you might have and goals you would make for yourself if you were spending 4 months abroad!
I hope you enjoy this series and follow me on my adventure!
Q: What would be your dream country to visit?