Crab Salad

Summer is in full swing here in Wisconsin, and if you’re anything like me, yours is full of events that involve eating delicious food. July is probably the busiest summer month, and my favorite time of the year.

Crab Salad

If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you know that my parents have a Fourth of July celebration with our family and friends. One of my favorite dishes this year was definitely the crab pasta dish! Being in South Carolina last month, definitely encouraged my love of all things from the sea.

If you’re having a family gathering, or just want to make this dish here’s what you’ll need:

1 box rotini noodles, cooked and cooled
1 package imitation crab
2 stalks celery
1 can sliced black olives
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (powdered mix)
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup milk

For our party, we actually doubled the batch and made a huge bowl for the 39 people who showed up and enjoyed it. Here’s how you put it all together!
Multi-Color

Make the noodles and strain them, let them cool first!
In a small bowl, mix ranch, mayo and milk together
In a large bowl mix noodles, crab, olives and celery together
Pour the dressing over and mix well.
Chill/ store the dish in the fridge for awhile before serving.

American Dish

This is honestly, my favorite dish and I hope you all create it and enjoy it as well!
Do you have a favorite dish at parties? Have you had any gatherings this summer?
Make sure to leave a comment below!

Read my last Fourth of July posts at these links! –> 2014 2015

7 Comments Add yours

1. ►Nadush says:

Soo yumy ! I love pasta salad 🙂
    NEW POST : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

2. Saara Sofia says:

Oh wow that looks delicious! I'm definitely loving cold pasta salads right now so I have to try this out. I wonder if this would work with oat milk… I guess I'll just have to try and find out. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

My favourite dishes at parties are definitely cold foods like this salad, or little salty finger foods and snacks. I haven't been to any parties or gatherings yet this summer but we did go on a picnic and it was a load of fun!

http://www.saarasofia.com | Bloglovin’

3. This looks so yummy!! So sad I don't eat crabs, what a bomber.

Love, Fads
    InstagramTwitter

4. Kenzie K says:

I don't eat it often, but when I do I have a lot! 🙂

5. Kenzie K says:

I think it would taste great with oat milk for sure! In the summer I like the cold foods as well, i'm definitely a big snacker! a picnic sounds great!
    x 🙂

6. Kenzie K says:

I hardly get to eat crab,it's pretty much only in this dish! Thanks for reading! x

7. Eve Eliza says: