Healthy Shrimp and Noodles

I was just home last weekend for a three day weekend and after falling off the clean eating train (and rolling down the hill away from the tracks), I was really looking forward to getting back and being refreshed. Recently, my mom bought a spiralizer to make healthy noodles from and I was really excited to try it out!

Healthy
Sometimes with lifestyle changes, you have to restart…and reset and fall a couple of times. It’s a process, but being able to bake again helps!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Spiralizer
2 Zucchini
1 pound (about 1.5 bags) frozen shrimp
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, they do give the dish a bit of a pop!)
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
Chopped Parsley for garnish
Spiralizer
What to Do?

First, spiralize your zucchinis! I found that it was easier to cut it in half and then spiralize. It was so much fun!
Place a large pan over medium-low heat, add olive oil and heat (1 minute)
Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 1 more minute
Add shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring until they are pink on all sides (3 minutes)
Season with salt and pepper
With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl, leaving liquid in pan
Increase heat a bit, Add white wine and lemon juice
Scrape any brown bits, cook for about 2 minutes
Add zucchini noodles and cook, stir occasionally (2 minutes)
Return shrimp to the pan and toss to combine
Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley and serve hot!
Parsley
Zucchini and Shrimp
I hope you all try this dish out, I’m on my spring/Easter holiday in a little less than a week from now and I cannot wait. I have a few dishes planned, but other than that it will be really nice to relax! The weather has been so nice lately as well, I hope you’ve all had a great week!
Dinner Entree with Shrimp
Have you spiralized anything before? What are some of your favorite recipes? Make sure to leave a comment below! 🙂

11 Comments Add yours

1. Wow! Sounds so good. Hopefully I will be on the receiving end of your cooking soon. Gram

2. Kenzie K says:

Whenever you decide to come back to Wisconsin 😉 x

3. Danielle says:

i've been meaning to get one of those, it looks so good!

danielle | avec danielle / giveaway

4. Kenzie K says:

They're life changing! And I'm glad we found one that wasn't an arm and a leg in cost!

5. Sarah Laird says:

I absolutely love my spiraliser but I've not tried using zucchini yet – this recipe looks so delicious though, I'll have to give it a go! x

Viva Epernay

6. Kenzie K says:

It's SO much fun to make! I can't wait to play around with it more! 🙂 x

7. Les Eve says:

Hi Kenzie! I have a spiralizer but have never used it! I'm always afraid of messing something up! LOL! I am def. going to give this dish a whirl! Thank you for the inspo!

8. Kenzie K says:

It's so fun to use! I can't wait to create more! 🙂 x Thanks for stopping!

9. This looks delicious! I've always wanted to try zucchini noodles, but I haven't had a chance to cook em' yet. I'll have to try this recipe out soon though!

Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

10. Alice Young says:

I've been meaning to buy a spiralizer to do exactly this, it's such a good idea!

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog