Every holiday season seems to be centered around some main elements, and having sweet treats around is one of them. While the official title of this recipe in the cookbook is “Christmas Toffee Bars”, and traditionally made in my household during the holiday season, you can really choose to make these at anytime of the year. My great-aunt gave us this recipe, and there’s something special about reading a recipe in the handwriting of someone so loved years after they’ve passed on.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolates (I used Dove milk chocolate)
Christmas themed sprinkles or nuts (optional)
Jellyroll pan or cookie sheet (10×15)
Here’s What you do:
1. Cream together the butter and brown sugar; beat in egg yolk
2. Add the flour, salt, vanilla and mix together.
3. Spread the mixture into the sheet
4. Make sure mixture is evenly spread, otherwise it doesn’t bake through well.
5. Bake at 350*F, for about 13-15 minutes until very lightly browned.
6. While the bars have about 1-2 minutes left, melt the chocolates and spread over immediately or else it won’t melt
7. Sprinkle on sprinkles and nuts
8. Cut squares when warm
I hope you’re all in the holiday spirit now and it’s also essential to listen to holiday music in the background or have a cheesy Christmas film!
What are your favorite holiday treats? Do you make anything similar to these?
Make sure to leave comments, I love reading them!
Thanks for reading, see you next time!