Rainbows Can Run

Everyone has a list. A list of recipes to try, places to travel, things to do. We all have them, some maybe shorter than the other but there they are. One of the things on my list of things to try was the Color Run.
You may have heard of it, they have them all over. Since the weather has slowly gotten warmer and warmer, the walks and runs have begun!

This past weekend, my family came to visit me at my University to take part in the ColorVibe Color Run. It’s a 5k (3 mile) run/walk that many people take part in. The best thing about the whole thing? You get completely full of bright and fun colors! You basically become a human rainbow!

The race started off somewhat early in the morning, at 9 o’clock. We arrived early as it was recommended. There was a DJ who was trying to get the crowd excited to run off.
Soon, we gathered into the starting line (different waves were let go at different times as to not have a very crowded track). We were blasted with purple at that point and let off.

Of course, I tried my best to snap a few photos of the event. Though it was a bit difficult because I didn’t want the colorful dusk to get into my phone and create problems with it.
We dashed through pink, green and twirled through blue.

At the end of the 5k, there was a party with music and everyone was tossing their colors up into the air. Our goal was to get the most color we could, and I feel that we accomplished that!

It was a lot of fun and this is something I would actually do again! If you ever have the time to attend a Color Run, of any kind (sometimes they have different names in different places), you definitely should! A lot of these races have promotions so you can get group tickets for a reasonable price.

Have you done anything like this? Or have you seen other events like this one?

I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend!
xx

14 Comments Add yours

1. Anna G says:

Omg this is so fuuun!!! There was something like this in Barcelona the other week, it was called Holi Festival but unfortunately I couldn't go though my friend went and recorded it and it was pretty amazing 🙂 definitely gonna go if they do it again next year 🙂
    Anna x
    dropsofanna.blogspot.com

2. wowwww! Not seen this one before, looks like fun! Well done 🙂 xx

3. Kenzie K says:

You definitely should go! Even if you only do it once ever in your life! At least you've done it! 🙂 xx

4. Amy A says:

This looks boss!! I've heard of the colour run before and I've always wanted to give it a go but I've yet to actually get round to it. I'll hopefully be able to do it next year 🙂

p.s You've taken some wonderful pictures! x

5. This sounds amazing! I would love to try one but maybe I need to get in shape a bit first! 😀

6. Kenzie K says:

Thanks! You definitely should!! 🙂 xx

7. Kenzie K says:

You don't have to run it because walking is fine too! So no need to worry at all! 🙂 x

8. Lisa says:

This looks like so much fun, like Holi with exercise!

9. You look like you had a blast, loved the photos! I can't wait to do this one day!

10. Kenzie K says:

I hope you do! 🙂

11. This is such a lovely post and is something that I would take part in too!! 🙂 It's so lovely seeing you share pictures like this and making more people aware!

Layla xx

12. Love Hijab says:

Looks like yoy had a lot of fun! I would love to do something like this.